In today's digitised economy, the ability to collect, process and analyse customer data has become essential for most businesses. The emergence of the phrase "data is the new oil" underlines just how important it is as a resource.
But the huge amount of data being created has also given rise to concerns about security. With the aim of protecting citizens of the European Union from data breaches and privacy intrusion, the European Parliament approved the General Data Protection Guideline (GDPR) in 2016, and the regulations came into effect in May this year. Since GDPR applies to all companies that process the personal data of people living in the E.U, regardless of their location, Hong Kong companies with business ties in Europe are also affected by the new regulation. Breach of GDPR can result in a penalty of up to 4% of the company's annual global turnover, or €20 million (HK$185 million), whichever is greater.
To help our members understand the challenges and opportunities GDPR present, HKGCC has invited Tan YenEe, Regional Consultant, IT Service and Cybersecurity of TÜV Rheinland, and Davide De Rosa, Partner of Gianni Origoni Grippo Cappelli & Partners, to share their insights on best practices in privacy management and ways to minimize legal risks.
HKGCC Members @ HK$190 / Non-Members @ HK$400
+$50 for booking offline
Members enjoy 30% discount with BOC HKGCC VISA Card
電話：+852 2192 1538
- Bookings will only be confirmed with full payment, on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Substitution is allowed for corporate members only with advanced notice while walk-ins will normally not be accepted.
- Please note that the Chamber reserves the right to decline any booking or cancel the event without explanation. In any such instance, the event fee will be returned in full.
- There will be no refund for attendees cancelling or not showing up for the event unless the cancellation request is made in writing at least 5 days before the event, and in such cases the refund will be subjected to a 10% administration fee, or HK$100 deduction, whichever is higher.
- Members paying with their BOC HKGCC Visa Card will enjoy a 30% discount on their reservation. The discount is only applicable to the card holder, and does not extend to their guests. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with Chamber Coupons.
- Starting 1 January 2017, all off-line bookings (e.g. fax, e-mail, post) for Chamber events will be charged a $50 handling fee per person. Make the switch to online today by installing our app or registering via our website to save the environment and save money.
- Priorities are given to corporate members. The decision to accept or decline any bookings shall be at the sole discretion of the Chamber.